Friday, September 14, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Arghhh!! Well, it shouldn't surprise me that while other people are finishing their socks, I'm still fretting over colors. I've narrowed it down to these two skeins. In each case, the colors appear a little brighter and less complex in the photograph than they actually are. The red has more color variation than shown, especially berry, violet/blue, and maroon tones; and the blue skein doesn't really have those "electric" spots, and the darkest spots take on some teal tones.


Any suggestions as to which I should use -- thoughts, anyone?

I'd just go for it, but I'm waiting for some needles that should show up Monday or Tuesday. The actual knitting won't begin until next week. Fortunately, I'm a fairly speedy knitter, so my pal shouldn't worry that she'll be biting her nails and running anxiously for the mail box every day until the end of October.

Other than that, thanks to everyone for posting pictures of their socks in progress. It just goes to show that no matter what yarn you use, this pattern will keep it looking fabulous. There's nothing more frustrating than having beautiful yarn and a pattern that doesn't do it justice.

Looking forward to seeing more Monkeys!

11 comments:

Courtney said...

I would pick the blue one

Emma said...

And I vote for the red. Guess you're back at square one. Sorry!

Mary said...

O.K. I love the red. But either one is great!

holly said...

Oooh, love the blue/purple one! but the red is pretty too.......helpful aren't we?!

Frieda said...

I love the red one. It is really pretty.

Isobel said...

I love the red over blue, both very nice colours but that red - scrummy.

cindybmw2004 said...

What a decision....I'll tell you what, make both pairs and send one to your pal and one to me! :) Then you only have to box up and put the labels on them....it will be a surprise to all of us :)

gilraen said...

I really like both, but LOVE the blue :)

B said...

I like the blue one too

Eva said...

Thanks, everyone, for weighing in. Am currently knitting up the blue, and it's going so quickly that I'll have time to do a red one too. Then I'll decide which goes to my pal and which is mine (sorry, Cindy!). Will post more pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you about the yarn choices! I have a feeling my Monkey is going to be on my back for the next week or two!