Monday, September 10, 2007

What do you all think

Now let me first say that my question does not apply to my partners socks. I have them going and I should have them all finished by Friday. OK so I am going on a trip this weekend to Salt Lake City to attend a fiber fair. My friend is teaching a class and I am going long for the ride and a bit of shopping. OK a lot of shopping. Anyway I was thinking of taking along a ball of Jitterbug to make myself a pair of monkey socks. Well there is only 293 or so yards. So my question to you all is... Has anyone made the monkeys with jitterbug and how may repeats did you do. I was thinking if I only did 4 instead of the 6 I should have enough for my foot. I don't really mind if the cuff is a bit shorter. I do wear a size 6 1/2 to a 7 shoe. What do you all think. Thanks

2 comments:

cindybmw2004 said...

I don't know if you will recieve this answer in time, but, you should have plenty of yarn. I have a pair of jitterbug monkey socks and got 2 socks out of the one skein. They are done on size 3 needles, with 6 repeats on the top and 6 repeats on the foot with toe taken from 32 sts. to 16 sts. I wear a 8-1/2 shoe.

Isobel said...

I used JitterBug for my Sockapalooza socks, Saucy pattern from Cider Moon. I frogged back the first one and shortened the repeats by one on the leg, I used size 2 US needles. I had enough yarn left to graft toe, only about 6 inches left after that. I wanted to knit Monkey in this yarn for myself, and I ordered two skeins to do it.