Friday, September 21, 2007

Technology can be cruel!

My DH is having a garage sale, so my lunch hour was spent giving him a lunch break. My order from Little Knits is scheduled to arrive today, and I know that delivery is usually around 2:00PM. I kind of lingered, ran an errand in the neighborhood, and drove by the house on my way back to the office. Time was 2:04PM. Just for the heck of it, when I got back in the office, I checked the delivery status, and learned that the package was delivered at 2:10PM. That knowledge, of course, has caused my office clock to nearly quit moving at all. I'm sure that it's been at least seven hours and 12 minutes since I got back to the office, but the clock says two hours. I just can't wait to get home and fondle those beautiful yarns. I had to take a break from my sock knitting to finish a pair of mittens for a charity auction tomorrow evening. Just about 1 inch on the thumb of the second mitten, and it's back to my pal's lovely Monkeys. Have the other monkey-themed goodies carefully stacked on a little side table. My mind is starting to tick over other items that could be added . . . if I responded to all those ideas, I'd have to have a POD delivered! Hope all have a pleasant weekend!

No comments: