Monday, September 24, 2007

Sock one done . . .

Second sock cast on, ribbing complete and starting the third repeat of the pattern. I wasn't sure I liked the way the color pooled when I got to the heel. Silly me . . . if I had thought about it, I would have realized that once the stitches were reduced, it would return to the same repeat as the leg. And, if you wish to know what the other side of the sock looks like, just mentally reverse the pink and purple ribbing with the wide bluish stripe at the foot. I'm a couple days behind where I wanted to be, but still anticipate sending this out with its accompanying treasures by the end of the week. I have a bit of work to do on another portion of my gift. Picked up a humorous addition on Saturday. This is too much fun . . . though, now I'm worried that my pal won't like the yarn I chose for her! But, when I think about myself, I can honestly say I've never seen a sock yarn I didn't like, so perhaps my pal will feel the same way. Back to clicking those needles . . . hope to get to the heel flap this evening. Knit on!

No comments: