Thursday, October 4, 2007

My goodies arrived on my birthday!

How special to have it arrive on my birthday. Thanks so much to Jessica for the stunning socks and yarn, adorable monkey items, including the zippered tote which she made especially for me. It's adorable, and what you can't see in the picture is that she "fussy-cut" and placed a complete monkey right side up on each end panel. I probably would have spaced out on that extra special touch. She also sent some other fabrics from the Moda Funky Monkey fabric line, so I can make some doll-clothes in my never-ending-quest to be Nana of the Year. I'm going to save a couple swatches to include in an I spy quilt. The Cookie A pattern she selected is Gothic Spire, which I don't have. The socks are too adorable, and already coveted by a couple of my friends. The yarn is Cider Moon Banana Cabana. We've all had a good time following the theme, haven't we?

I have a tiny bit of sewing to do to finish my swap items. The socks are done, and read to go. My pal has a child, so I put in one or two items especially for that cutie pie. It's been so much fun, I just keep finding things to add . . . going to have to rent a POD if I don't quit!

I'll be ready and waiting for the next round. This has been so much fun to read everyone's blogs and see the socks everyone has made. Thanks to Rebecca for organizing the swap.

2 comments:

Arctic Knitter said...

Happy Birthday! What a great surprise!

JessN said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad my mail mojo worked and it got to you on time (not that I knew it was your birthday, haha!). I'm so glad you like everything! This was so much fun =)