Thursday, August 30, 2007

1st swap ~ silly questions?!

I think my title says it all. Maybe I'm just eager especially with the 3 day weekend and this being my first swap, but when you are knitting for your SP do you wait to see what their colors are and fabric choices are before going crazy on the needles??

I have been checking out all these really sweet sock yarn and dying to go get some and start my cast on but ....

Also, is this the appropriate place to ask questions? The last thing I want to do is not get my first swap right .. augh! Thanks for the help.

4 comments:

The Last Yard said...

I normally wait till I know what their favorite colors are and pick my yarn from what she would like or wears.

Dotty said...

You definitely want to wait. Your pal might have yarn allergies or want some mods to the pattern for a better fit.

Courtney said...

I usually wait to see what colors they like so that I dont get all the way done and find out that they hate the color I chose... but then again you can start knitting if you want and if they dont like them then you have a new pair of socks.

Rebecca said...

You should have your Monkey Pal by now since I know I assigned her earlier today. If you do not, please email me!