Monday, May 28, 2007

Help Please ............

I have a problem , the one colour my pal mentioned , cannot be got ' for love nor money ' , I have tried everywhere including e-bay , I am not giving up yet , but , in the meantime, and knowing that she likes strong colours , I have started two pairs of socks , but , which colour ????? One colourway is called falling leaves , it has all of the autumnal colours and is hand painted merino .

The other yarn I bought on a Greek Island , I was totally seduced by the colours under the strong Meditteranean sun , they were almost jewel like ( they look a lot different under a grey British sky ) , I don't know what the yarn is made from , my Greek is non existant and the little Greek lady just shrugged her shoulders at my mime of a sheep , so ....... which colour do you think ? also , can any body tell me where to get the fantastic sock blockers that are springing up all over ? I am amazed at all of the fantastic knitting going on and having great fun trying to track down monkeys .
Ronnie

6 comments:

Michelle said...

My pick would be the autumn one...but I'm not sure what your pal mentioned that you are having trouble finding.

Sock blockers can be had at the Loopy Ewe (I keep going there and coveting them, but haven't given in yet). loopyewe.com

Cheryl said...

I got mine from the Loopy Ewe as well, get a lot of things there. I love both socks, whatever coor did your Pal ask for? I would choose the autumn one as well, but love both, the other is very wintry. How kind of you to knit a selection...

Anonymous said...

I like the second ones but I would have trouble parting with something I got in GREECE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Now, if I were your pal, I would weep for joy that you even were kind enough to knit me something from the yarn that you got in GREECE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Sock blockers. Here is where I got mine and they are fab. http://stores.ebay.com/CHAPPYS-FIBER-ARTS-AND-CRAFTS If you can't find something here you love, well that is another story!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Leslie said...

I am loving the autumn leaves. It is so beautiful!

Christa said...

They are both pretty, but I am partial to the autumn one. I got my sock blockers from Becky at Leggy Creations (www.leggycreations.com). They aren't super cheap, but she'll customize them for you. I consider the ones I own works of art.

Rebecca said...

My choice would also be the autumn colorway. Especially, since I would want to hang on the yarn from Greece as a souvenir!