Wednesday, March 28, 2007

MYSTERY MONKEY SOCKS, Part 1, Cuff

All this thinking of monkeys and knitting Monkey Socks has made me want some good old traditional Monkey Socks!

I'm using yarn from my stash so this is actually a stash-buster sock. All yarn used is of fingering weight. If you have some white, red and grey yarn in your stash then come join me for the Monkey Mystery Sock. I would love the company. I'll be posting the directions every several days.

MYSTERY MONKEY SOCKS
Materials
red fingering weight yarn, 50 g
white fingering weight yarn, 50 g
grey fingering weight yarn, hopefully only 50g
Set of 5 US #1/2.25mm double-point needles
Directions
With red yarn CO 68 sts using Continental method.
Divide the sts evenly onto 4 needles (17 sts each needle). Join into a round being careful not to twist sts.
Work 7 rows of twisted rib (K1 tbl, p1) to end of round.
Change to white yarn and knit 1 row.
Work 14 rows of plain rib (K1, P1) to end of round.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a grand idea.....I'll start in two days...

KrisW said...

Thanks, Rebecca! :)
Of course, I have NO red, NO white, and NO grey sock yarn, so I "have" to go to the LYS and purchase some! :)

Cheryl said...

I have red, off white and grey...perhaps a little twist, heehee

Lovs2Knit said...

Cool.....I don't have those colors. Oh darn, must go yarn shopping...lol.

Knitted Bookworm said...

O.K., I'm in too! What am I thinking...I don't have time...there is so much else I need to do...will I have to knit far into the night? Who cares, it sounds like so much fun! Plus, I'll need to go yarn shopping!!

Lynn

Cheryl said...

Are the instructions coming out in small increments? If so it seems doable, I purchased yet another set 1's and have BOTH socks cast on and up to speed. I still have to figure out the circ needle thing ans two at once. I am two at once just on 9 needles, LOL